Covid 19 alert level 2: I am able to meet with you in our offices or by video or phone. Please discuss the best option for you.
For face to face meetings please check that you are okay to work with the protocols we will be following under alert level 2.
I am a “Canuck-Kiwi”, a transplanted Canadian via the U.K, and I have lived in the Bay since 1996. I feel privileged to be a Kiwi in Aotearoa.
My heritage on my Father’s side, my Father was first generation Canadian of English immigrants. My Mother was seven generations Canadian (Irish/English Ancestry).
In my leisure time I enjoy time with family, friends and my dog. I love snorkelling/free diving, photography and travelling. I am interested in social issues both locally and beyond our shores.
- Registered Psychotherapist & Counsellor (P.B.A.N.Z #93) M.N.Z.A.P, Advanced Clinical Practice Cert
- M.A. in Counselling and Psychotherapy (U.K)
- B.S.W & B.A (Canada)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision Training (C.I.T – N.Z)
“I found in the midst of winter, there was in me an invincible spring.”
My Clinical Supervision
- Regular individual fortnightly supervision with a qualified supervisor (external)
- Regular weekly peer supervision
- Quarterly cultural supervision with Tangata Whenua Mental Health Consultant
Issues & Concerns
- Depression and Anxiety
- Self Esteem
- Relationship Difficulties, including family problems, abuse, violence, trauma and recovery
- Stress Management and Relaxation
- Communication Skills
- Grief and Loss
- Work / Life Balance
- Trauma / Sexual Abuse / Domestic Violence / Emotional & Physical Abuse
Types of Psychotherapy / Counselling / Supervision
- Individuals Counselling
- Couple Counselling
- Individual Long Term Psychotherapy
- Clinical External Supervision – counsellors, psychotherapists, allied health professionals, also businesses and organisation staff
Hours of Work
Monday – 8.30am to 6.15pm
Wednesday – 8am to 10.15am
Thursday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
Friday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
SATURDAY’S by arrangement
Private Individuals $135.00 gst inclusive
Fees may be negotiated, please contact me directly.
Subsidized counselling may be available through;
- Family Court (parenting orders; custody/access)
- E.A.P. (employee assistance programmes – various providers talk to your employer)
- W.I.N.Z. (disability allowance – see your GP)
- Victim Support
I have a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi, and an awareness of working both in a bi-cultural context and a multi-cultural approach.
What is Counselling?
Usually clients come in with a specific problem they want to address, usually short term (ie. one to twenty sessions), do things differently, plan and set goals, improve your relationships, reduce your stress, develop your sense of well-being, explore your emotions, thoughts and behaviour, become more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you.
What is Psychotherapy?
The idea of psychotherapy is that clients who are suitable and need this, there is not usually one problem to fix but have a sense of difficulties / ineffective patterns.
My role is to support, listen and clarify with clients what is truly meaningful to them by understanding their experiences. By developing new skills, alternative beliefs and new responses, client can develop improved self esteem, better communication and happier relationships with themselves and others.
In addition to NZAP and PBANZ, I adhere to Health & Disability Code.
“What lies behind you and what lies before you are tiny matters compared to what lies within you.”