Kia ora Katoa
I am an experienced Registered Psychologist and I enjoy working with people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds, providing a safe space for you to be heard, understood and supported. All of us at some stage in our lives experience stress, struggles and emotional pain. It is just part of being human.
My goal is to help you to grow from your challenges and move forward to where you want to be in your life, equiped with new skills and more self awareness.
A little about me;
I was born in Taranaki and grew up in the Eastern BOP and Tauranga Moana, leaving here to train first as a primary teacher and later as a psychologist. I returned to Tauranga when my children were young to be near family. I have been a Registered Psychologist for over 30 years working both in private practice and across various agencies, including adult mental health, child and adolescent mental health, special education, corrections, and child protection.
I am available for appointments;
Mondays – 8am – 7pm
Tuesdays – 8am – 7pm
Wednesdays – 1pm to 7pm
with appointments on Fridays and weekends available by arrangement.
My fee is $140 per session
Subsidised sessions may be available through;
- E.A.P. (employee assistance programmes – various providers talk to your employer)
- W.I.N.Z. (disability allowance – see your GP
Please ring Sharyn on 07 578 0959 to book an appointment, or email me at; email@example.com
I work with:
- Children and Teenagers (including those with special needs or a disability – eg. ASD)
- Adults / Couples
- Parents / Families / Blended Families
- Professionals requesting clinical supervision or coaching, eg. guidance counsellors, counsellors, psychologists, allied health professionals.
I can assist you with:
- Everyday personal, behavioural, parenting and relationship issues
- Life transitions and challenges such as grief, work stress, redundancy or separation
- More serious issues, inlcuding burnout, anxiety, depression, sexual identity, addiction and current or past trauma.
My sessions are focussed with the aim of clients finding ways to lead rich and fulfilling lives.
Professional Qualifications & Memberships:
- Registered Psychologist
- Member NZ Psychological Society
As a Registered Psychologist I engage in ongoing professional development and supervision (clinical, cultural and with peers) to keep me learning and growing and to ensure I meet the requirements necessary to retain my annual practicing certificate.
I look forward to meeting and working with you.
Noho ora mai, Take care,