Kia ora Katoa
Covid 19 – In light of the urgency to shut down this virus I am very happy to utilise the following; Zoom, Skype or Phone (027 618 1007) to do our sessions together. It is certainly not my preference but in these times I think we all have to adapt. Let me know if you would like to have our counselling in this way.
All of us at some stage in our lives experience stress, struggles and emotional pain. It is just part of being human.
I am an experienced Registered Psychologist and I enjoy working with people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds, providing a safe space for you to be heard, understood and supported.
My goal is to help you to grow from your challenges and move forward to where you want to be in your life, equiped with new skills and more self awareness.
A little about me;
I was born in Taranaki and grew up in the Eastern BOP and Tauranga Moana, leaving here to train first as a primary teacher and later as a psychologist. I returned to Tauranga when my children were young to be near family. I have been a Registered Psychologist for over 30 years working both in private practice and across various agencies, including adult mental health, child and adolescent mental health, special education, corrections, and child protection.
I am available for appointments;
Mondays – 1pm – 8pm
Tuesdays – 11am – 8pm
Wednesdays – 1pm to 8pm
Fridays – 2.30pm to 5.30pm
My fee is $140 per session
I will negotiate a reduced fee in some circumstances; eg. students or people on low income.
You may be eligible for funded sessions through;
- PHO – teenagers and adults (see your GP)
- I Am Hope Foundation – for children, teenagers and young adults up to age 25 (talk to me)
- Victim Support – talk to Victim Support
- E.A.P. – Employee Assistance Programmes – various providers talk to your employer
- W.I.N.Z. – disability allowance (see your GP_
Please ring Sharyn on 07 578 0959 to book an appointment, or email me at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Book me online here
I work with:
- Children and Teenagers (including those with special needs or a disability – eg. ASD)
- Adults / Couples
- Parents / Families / Blended Families
- Professionals requesting clinical supervision or coaching, eg. guidance counsellors, counsellors, psychologists, allied health professionals.
I can assist you with:
- Everyday personal, behavioural, parenting and relationship issues
- Life transitions and challenges such as grief, work stress, redundancy or separation
- More serious issues, inlcuding burnout, anxiety, depression, sexual identity, addiction and current or past trauma.
My sessions are focussed with the aim of clients finding ways to lead rich and fulfilling lives.
Professional Qualifications & Memberships:
- Dip. Tchg. M.Ed (Hons)
- P.G. Dip Ed Psych.
- Registered Psychologist
- Member NZ Psychological Society
As a Registered Psychologist I engage in ongoing professional development and supervision (clinical, cultural and with peers) to keep me learning and growing and to ensure I meet the requirements necessary to retain my annual practicing certificate.
I look forward to meeting and working with you.
Noho ora mai, Take care,